Friday, October 7, 2011

Augmented Reality Tutorial (PART1 ─ MARKER )

What is AR?
Augmented reality (AR) is a term for a live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data. ─ Wikipedia

Okay, the tutorial started with designing the marker. How? Follow the step below :

PART 1 ─ MARKER


1) Design the marker (sofware? I used Microsoft Word.)

[ My marker ]

2) Download and install 'marker generator' AIR application.
3) Print out your own customize marker.
4) Run 'marker generator' AIR and save the pattern. (the format for this marker is *.pat)

Next : Augmented Reality Tutorial (PART 2)  ─ how to download FLARToolKit and PaperVision Code.


Website I refered : webdesignmagmikkoh.

2 comments:

자유상인 said...

Hi, impressive posting and i have a question. you said u used MS word for drawing a marker. then, do u know the recommendable size or the standard for the marker??

I'm trying to draw my own marker, so, plz help me :)

Chaied said...

Hi, thanks! :)
Yup, i'm using MS Word for drawing.
Make it as big as you can at the A4 size of paper in order to make it easier to detect by the camera.

Note : Sorry for late reply. A year late, perhaps. My bad. Thanks for visiting.